Valentine’s gifts for her – that’s right, we’ve dedicated an entire shopping gallery to pretty things we want for Valentine’s Day. Go on, check it out and start dropping hints…
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, terrifying everyone across the globe looking to buy the perfect present. Valentine’s shopping is always trying, but with the addition of a national lockdown and the subsequent closure of all non-essential shops, it’s an absolute minefield. We’re here to help.
VALENTINE’S GIFTS – QUICK LINKS
- Needle & Thread Sylvie Cable Cardigan, Needle & Thread, £250
- Jo Malone Green Tomato Vine Townhouse Candle, Jo Malone, £90
- Missoma Lucy Williams Gold Legion Coin Choker, Missoma, £165
- Rosie Fortescue Jewellery Love Charm Hoops, Rosie Fortescue Jewellery, £90
- Temperley Goddess Knit Jumper, Temperley London, £280
- John Lewis Cross Strap Faux Fur Mule Slippers, John Lewis, £26
- Anissa Kermiche Love Handles ceramic vase, MATCHESFASHION, £340
- Desmond & Dempsey Sansindo Tiger print pyjama set, Farfetch, £125
- AWAY’s The Carry-On Suitcase, AWAY, £215
- Tom Ford Bitter Peach eau de parfum, Selfridges, £228
- Ghd Glide Hot Brush, Ghd, £139
- Misha Nonoo Husband Shirt, Misha Nonoo, £175
- Lele Sadoughi Embellished Headband, Farfetch, £175
- Caia Aphrodite Natural Candle, Selfridges, £24
- Note on Love by Fenton and Co., Waterstones, 24.99
- Superga 2790 Tank COTU flatform trainers, Superga, £67
- Neom Organics London Complete Bliss Scented Candle, John Lewis, £32
- Your London Florist Fairy Floss mixed dried and fresh bouquet, Selfridges, £85
- Saint Laurent Lou Mini Shoulder Bag, Net-a-Porter, £945
- Lola Rose Loved Chain Bracelet, Lola Rose London, £65
- Ladurée Incontournable macarons box of 12, Selfridges, £29.50
- Boy Smells Fleurshadow Candle, Osmology, £45
- Rixo Amanda Buttercup Lacy Insert Top, Rixo, £165
- Christian Louboutin Loubikiss Eau de Parfum, Harrods, £225
If you’re living apart from your Valentine, you need to be extra organised and get your gift buying in early so that you can send it in the post, and if you’re living with your Valentine, you have no excuse so the pressure is on.
Don’t panic. Whether you’re going down the sentimental gift route or prioritising the price tag, we’ve done the hard work for you, collating our Valentine’s Day present wish list. You’re welcome.
Updated just in time for Valentine’s day Lulu Guinness’ beloved bingo tote will make a charming gift for a loved one. Roomy enough to securely stow your essentials on the weekly shop, wear the cosy bouclé bag in the crook of your arm or style cross body on the days you need to be hands free.
AWAY’s The Carry-On Suitcase, AWAY, £215
The Carry-On suitcase by AWAY is perfectly sized to fit in the overhead locker of most major airlines and is an ideal bag for a weekend away. Featuring a durable polycarbonate hard shell, 360° spinner wheels and a built-in battery, it’s equipped for all your needs.
Tom Ford Bitter Peach eau de parfum, Selfridges, £228
This Bitter Peach eau de parfum comes in a 50ml bottle, offering top notes of Pêche de Vigne Accord, Sicilian Blood Orange Oil and Cardamom Oil and heart notes of Heliotrope and Davana Oil. Also expect base notes of Sandalwood, Tonka Bean and Indonesian Patchouli.
Caia Aphrodite Natural Candle, Selfridges, £24
Following a nude body interiors trend, Caia’s Aphrodite natural vegan candles are becoming a go-to for gift giving. The 250g handmade unscented candle is 100% biodegradable , vegan and made from 100% natural wax and wick. Burn time: approximately 45 minutes.
Note on Love by Fenton and Co., Waterstones, 24.99
Notes on Love by Fenton is a beautiful collection of over 40 essays on life, love and loss. Seeking to challenge, empower and highlight stories of love which do not ‘conform’, expect pros from Pandora Sykes and Alain de Botton to Binwe Abedbayo and Elizabeth Day.
Dr David Jack London Dry Skin System Set, Dr Jack London, £253
This daily skincare trio set by Dr David Jack is designed for dry skin, aiming to hydrate and restore. Included in the set is a daily tinted broad spectrum sun protection moisturiser, an active night cream and a blue face paint peel, containing hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5 and azelaic acid. Plus, all purchases right now come with a free wash bag.
Ann Summers L’Amour Body, £28
Save 30% this Valentine’s Day at Ann Summers. Elevate your every day with one of the label’s red hot lace lingerie sets – our Editor’s recommend the basques. Or, treat yourself to toys and games certain to liven up your weekend. Think, fluffy handcuff and flirty board games.
Your London Florist Fairy Floss mixed dried and fresh bouquet, Selfridges, £85
This Fairy Floss bouquet mixes dried and fresh flowers, including: 2 pink anthuriums, 5 pink asparagus, 1 lilac palm leave, 20 pale pink bunny tails, 3 pink roses, 4 lila/pink carnations, 2 branches hot pink eucalyptus, 2 purple ruscus and 3 lilac solidago. Arrangement size: height 70cm, width 50cm.
Fairholme Candles, £9.50 for two | Etsy
Just because we’re locked down, doesn’t mean you can’t have that romantic meal. Turn off the TV, put on your favourite music and decorate your table as if you were hosting a banquet. Line the centre of your table with mismatched candle holders and use Fairholme’s pink and red shade candles to add accents of colour. Even your takeaway will look chic.
Valentines Beauty Box Edit For Her, £20 | Next
Worth over £75, this box of joy has everything a woman could need for a spot of lockdown pampering. There are products to moisturise her body from head-to-toe, make-up to accentuate natural beauty and there’s even a This Works Pillow Spray to improve sleep.
Flowers and chocolates are a go-to gift for a reason – they are fail-safe, especially given the fact that they can now be delivered to your Valentine’s door. But read on if you’re interested in spoiling her that little bit more.
Jewellery is always a safe bet, with British brand Missoma offering up some dreamy heart-shaped offerings that we want to get our hands on. In terms of clothes, we’re lusting after luxurious Needle & Thread knitwear, Sezanne star sign tees and Rixo heart patterned shirts.
Candles are becoming an increasingly popular Valentine’s gift ‘for her’, striking the perfect middle ground gesture between casual and full-on married. So, these offerings we’ve chosen from Jo Malone, NEOM and Boy Smells are a safe bet.
Luxury PJs are a great gift – especially during a lockdown – and there’s nowhere better than Desmond and Dempsey, or on a similar route some luxury slippers – can we recommend the UGG Scuffettes?
Happy Valentine’s Day, and more crucially, good luck!